Key or Kim Kibum is a vocalist and one of the rappers from grop SHINee. He was a gifted varsity water-skier at Dae Gu Young Shin Middle School. He was discovered at the “2005 S.M. National Tour Audition Casting”. Before debuting with Shinee, Key appeared in Super Junior’s Wonder Boy MV as an extra dancer. Key was featured in label-mate Xiah’s solo “Xiahtic”.
Kim Kibum’s stage name is Key because he likes to solve things.
Don’t be confuse between SHINee’s Kim Kibum and Kim Kibum from Super Junior.
SHINee’s Key writes a Love Letter for IU on Music Bank
Aside from the highly-anticipated debut stages of F.Cuz and Hyuna, there was another special surprise for the viewers on MBC Music Bank tonight. Key of SHINee and IU joined together in a duet to perform a classic MC Mong song, Love Letter For You. Don’t be confuse between SHINee’s Kim Kibum and Kim Kibum from Super Junior.
SHINee’s Key and the dance group dance
Key can memorize very fast each dance of any girl group. Even though he feels embarassed sometimes to show it, he still knows how to impress everybody including the girls who’s dance steps he is imitating. He did solo to “Take a boy” from Rihanna and “Tik Tok” of Kesha.
20 facts about KEY in COOL轻音乐 magazine – September Issue
1. Will go to the CD shop and ask, “Where are the SHINee CDs? Are they selling well?” Cares about his welfare in outlook in life.
2. “Right from when we are trainees till now, the one who sings really well, dances superbly, gets angry only when it is an occasion to be angry about, makes people feel that “this guy is really amazing!”, that person is Key.” (JONGHYUN)
3. Has a love-hate relationship with horror movies and horror stories, he yearns for them but he is also scared of them, he likes them but he also dislikes them. He lost his composure/image in the cinema many times because of that, he is only able to rent horror movies/dramas towatch at home to continue scaring himself.
4. “I don’t want a fantasy romance like those in the movies, I look towards a realistic and truthful relationship.” Honest, straighforward and open minded girls are OK, but girls who are soft on the outside but really fierce on the insides are a NO. Must have an opinion, not be too girly, and must like to freely express what she likes.
5. In terms of dressing up as girls, Taemin is the most suitable, but the prettiest is still the one who is looking into the mirror (ie. Key), if he really wants to do it, even a true woman will not be able to match up to him. (Proudly)
6. Is confident that he can be a gourmet chef, nobody can escape his dumplings trap.
7. “To be an idol, it’s not enough to just put in effort in the front appearance, your back appearance is important too.”
8. Good at saying honeyed words, but hearing lines like “Are you hurt? I am hurting too.” makes him burst out in laughter.
9. “If I were to become Yunhanam’s director, the viewing rates ought to be able to rise.” (smug)
10. His personal talent is imitating a robotic character from a cartoon show, the classic line being “Woah! Money! With money anything can be done!!”
11. Good at preparing, good at analyzing, belongs to the kind who is able to work out a plan from scratch with just a single detail.
12. “You cannot avoid me, you must look at me in the eyes.”
13. It’s his nature to take care of people? At first he was just Taemin’s umma, after that his nagging extends to include all of the members, and now it is becoming that he nags at whoever he sees.
14. Still nagging. Because he has been too naggy, Taemin really wants to change his umma now…
15. Become a girl? Then he would date all the other members once and see how it is. Does not know how it is like when they are in front of a girl, he is really curious about it.
16. “The person who is able to meet an ET who has come to earth and not feel scared but instead in able to converse naturally with it is Key…Even if he is left on an abadoned island, he will still be able to find a way to survive.” (JONGHYUN)
17. As long as he is being sincerely asked to do something, he will do it no matter how unwilling he is, even if he does not like to do it.
18. Sentimental and sensitive, even if it just a piece of paper from someone who he cares about, he will take really good care of it.
19. The group’s No.1 in fashion. Red, white, blue, it is normal for him to carry off these colours which are easy to carry off, but for colours like pink and grass green which are more difficult to pull off, he is still able to do it.
20. “I hope that this album can receive a lot of love from everyone, and, if only our friends all know SHINee’s songs, they only know ‘Noona is so pretty’
Key Profile :
Real Name: Kim Ki Bum 김기범
Nickname: Almighty Key
Birthday: 1991.09.23 (17 years old)
Height: 177 cm
First Appearance: Super Junior Movie: Attack of the Pin Up Boys, Series of Terror Attacks
Interest/Speciality: Rap, Dance, Snowboarding, Water-skiing, Japanese, English, Chinese
Position: Supporting Vocalist, 2nd Lead Rapper